- In terms of the Act, the Fund is controlled and managed by nine (9) Trustees (“the Board”). The composition of the nine Trustees is as follows;
1. Four (4) are appointed by the Employers,
2. Five (5) are elected by members with four (4) of the elected Trustees coming from active members and One (1) from pensioners.
The diagram below illustrates the governance structure of the Fund,
- The Board of Trustees report to IPEC the regulator.
- Grant Thornton are the external auditors for the Fund.
- Actuarial services are done by Mureriwa Actuarial Outsourcing Services, MAOS.
- The Board delegates specific tasks to committees but remains overly responsible for all aspects.
- The primary law governing the Pension Funds business is the Pension and Provident Funds Act Chapter 24:09. The additional regulations are covered by the Statutory Instrument 323 of 1991.
- Trustees convene quarterly meetings to discuss Pension Fund business and provide direction.