How are the Member Trustees Elected?
1. Members who have Frozen Service in the fund shall qualify to vote and nominate or be nominated for Trusteeship.
2. The elections are conducted by the Pensions office through a ballot vote and only frozen active members are allowed to participate in the election.
Term of office
The Trustees shall hold office for a period of 3 years and shall be eligible for re-election or appointment for another 3 years. No Trustee shall hold office for more than 2 terms.
Termination of office
A Trustee shall cease to hold office if:
- he is removed or resigns in accordance with the Rules of the Fund or
- he becomes insane or incapable of acting; or
- his estate is sequestrated, surrendered, assigned for the benefit of his creditors; or
- he is removed by a court of law on account of misconduct from any office or trust; or
- he is convicted of any offence and sentenced to imprisonment without the option of a fine; or
- he is convicted of theft, fraud, forgery or perjury; or
- he is dismissed or resigns from the Company