2020 Member Trustees elections in progress. Click the links below to download the Notice and the Nomination form.
How are the Member Trustees Elected?
- All Fund Members, who are in active service, shall qualify to vote and nominate or be nominated for Trusteeship.
- The elections are conducted by the Pensions office through a ballot vote and all active members are allowed to participate in the election.
- The counting of votes is done in the presence of the, contestants or their representatives and four members with the highest votes would become the Trustees for that term of office.
The Trustees shall hold office for a period of 3 years and shall be eligible for re-election or appointment for another 3 years. No Trustee shall hold office for more than 2 terms.
1. Minimum of 5 ‘O’ levels.
2. A certificate in a business or related field.
3. Must be holding or has held a supervisory position at his/her workplace for a minimum period of 3 years.
4. Pass Certificate of Proficiency in Trusteeship within 6 months of appointment.
Termination of office
A Trustee shall cease to hold office if:
- he is removed or resigns in accordance with the Rules of the Fund or
- he becomes insane or incapable of acting; or
- his estate is sequestrated, surrendered, assigned for the benefit of his creditors; or
- he is removed by a court of law on account of misconduct from any office or trust; or
- he is convicted of any offence and sentenced to imprisonment without the option of a fine; or
- he is convicted of theft, fraud, forgery or perjury; or
- he is dismissed or resigns from the Company