How are the Members Elected?
- All Fund Members, who are in active service, shall qualify to vote and nominate or be nominated for board membership.
- The elections are conducted by the Pensions office through a ballot vote and all active members are allowed to participate in the election.
- The fund is now allowed by law to have at least one independent board member.
Term of office
The board members shall hold office for a period of 3 years and shall be eligible for re-election or appointment for another 3 years. No board member shall hold office for more than 2 terms.
Termination of office
A board member shall cease to hold office if:
- he is removed or resigns in accordance with the Rules of the Fund or
- he becomes insane or incapable of acting; or
- his estate is sequestrated, surrendered, assigned for the benefit of his creditors; or
- he is removed by a court of law on account of misconduct from any office or trust; or
- he is convicted of any offence and sentenced to imprisonment without the option of a fine; or
- he is convicted of theft, fraud, forgery or perjury; or
- he is dismissed or resigns from the Company.
- he resigns from the board of fund.