How are the Member Trustees Elected?
- All Fund Members, who are in active service, shall qualify to vote and nominate or be nominated for Trusteeship.
- The elections are conducted by the Pensions office through a ballot vote and all active members are allowed to participate in the election.
Term of office of Trustees
The Trustees shall hold office for a period of 3 years and shall be eligible for re-election or appointment for another 3 years. No Trustee shall hold office for more than 2 terms.
Termination of office
A Trustee shall cease to hold office if:
- he is removed or resigns in accordance with the Rules of the Fund or
- he becomes insane or incapable of acting; or
- his estate is sequestrated, surrendered, assigned for the benefit of his creditors; or
- he is removed by a court of law on account of misconduct from any office or trust; or
- he is convicted of any offence and sentenced to imprisonment without the option of a fine; or
- he is convicted of theft, fraud, forgery or perjury; or
- he is dismissed or resigns from the Company